Thursday 14 March 2013

The return of the...

Dungarees.

We all wore them as children and now, LOVE them or HATE them, they are back.

Here's me, aged two rocking a pair (Haha)


Dungarees first came on the scene in 1792 as work wear for farmers, rail-road workers and mechanics and during the First World War women started wearing them as work wear in the factories. By the 60's they became a fashion item. And were in and out of fashion through the 60's, 70's and 90's. 




The dungarees were revived in 2010 and now, are all over the high-street in 2013. They come in different lengths, fabrics, colours, washes, as shorts, skirts or trousers, the list goes on. Celebrities and Bloggers have been snapped wearing the daring dungaree fashion item. Here are some of my favourite shots... 



Rihanna In Dungarees


Jameela Jamil

The queen of the dungarees though, has to be Alexa Chung


Wear like Alexa, with converse for an American feel or a striped top underneath for that Parisian chic look. Or just a simple Tee for a cool/ relaxed feel. I chose to style a pair from Topshop for day and night wear, going for a urban and feminine feel. Red lips for a splash of colour. (All items are available from Topshop.)

I tried a pair on in Urban Outfitters the other week, I took the plunge and purchased! Still yet to wear them, however I'm sure I will soon... Lets hope I'm not mistaken for a child! 

So, yay or nay to the return of the dungarees?

x


No comments: