Thursday 20 June 2013

Sale Splurge

So recently, I have been feeling the 'I have no clothes' scenario. I do not have much disposable income this month, therefore can only buy sale or if I know I am going to get my wear out of the item. I saw this on Instagram the other day, and thought - 'that is sooooooooooooo me.'
This week I have been a lady of leisure, lunch dates on Monday and Tuesday, dinner date Wednesday evening... I have consumed lots of lovely food, but I am now trying to healthy eat and exercise, as towards the end of completing my degree, the healthy eating and exercise went out the window! (There's always room for a food shot.)


Tues my lunch date was in Nottingham, and us girls cannot have a lunch date without a little shopping!
First attempt at a selfie: (haha)
 
T-shirt: Asos
Jumper: Ebay
Skirt: Topshop
Socks and Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Coat: Topshop
Bag: Zara
Boots: Jeffrey Campbell from Office
Phone case: Ebay
 


The vintage shop COW is a shop I visit every time I am in Nottingham, and usually walk out with at least one purchase. The shorts were a steal as they were reduced. Originally, I wasn't a fan of the fringe/ tassel trend, but these shorts aren't too ott, or in your face. I don't exactly know what I'll wear with them yet, especially as I'm not going on holiday, but I'm sure I'll figure something out, and will post the outfit photos at a later date....

Cow Nottingham:  
 


 
H&M Nottingham:
 
This jacket wasn't in the sale, but if you hesitate in H&M the next time you go back for it, it won't be there! I think its the perfect statement jacket, tapping into the monochrome trend, without over doing it. I will prob wear this during the day with jeans and a tshirt and with my yellow Zara bag, for a splash of colour. The beauty of it being black and white, with only thin stripes is that I'm going to be able to throw it over more a less anything. Plus black and white is timeless.
 
 
Office Nottingham:
 
We went into Office with the intention of looking at the sale, it wasn't that impressive however, these beauties were...

 

As it was raining heavily this morning, my jog got postponed, so me and my sister thought we'd hit the Topshop sale nice and early! There was something of everything reduced; t-shirts, trousers, leggings, jeans, dresses. After a good look through the rails and about an hour trying on (prob a slight exaggeration there, but it wouldn't have been the first time I've spent an hour in their changing rooms! lol) we got the best buys I thought that were there...
 
 
The Dungarees:
 

I have already done a post on dungarees (take a look) and I have had my eye on this elephant one from Topshop for a while, and it has finally gone into the sale. (YAY)
 
 
Colour Play:
 
 A neon orange statement skirt, that I will wear in the day with a t-shirt, sandals (weather permitting) or boots, or in the evening with a tank or cami tucked in with heels.  I couldn't resist the fun vibrant jumper, which has obviously taken inspiration from the Kenzo jumpers everyone is wearing, but with that price tag, I doubt I will ever own one. One can dream tho. The black maxi skirt is an investment as can be worn now and in the winter with chunky knits, the slit is a bit sexy, eh?
 
 
Back to Basics:
 
These are just everyday items, that every wardrobe will welcome, obsessing over the neon orange, so a chunky knit in that colour is perfect for this 'cant make my mind up' weather. It can easily be tied around the waist, if the sun does decide to appear for an effortless stylish look. The grey jersey midi dress, will take me from day to night, so that couldn't be left on the rails. We 'ummmed' and 'arrrred' about the skirt, but decided this could be worn with the over sized boyfriend t-shirts previously blogged about...
 
Finishing Touches:
 


Statement necklaces can update any look, and I love to wear as many rings as possible! So here is the bling... (p.s how cute are the zebra socks.)
 
 

Have you hit the sales yet.... you know you want too
 
x

No comments: